[funsec] "University Begins Reporting All P2P Users to the Police"

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sat Nov 13 21:35:59 CST 2010

>> http://torrentfreak.com/university-begins-reporting-all-p2p-users-to-the-police-101112/
>> http://www.vsuspectator.com/2010/11/11/new-software-traces-illegal-downloads-on-campus/
> This will get *very* interesting the instant they turn a false
> positive over to the cops.

Or someone who *is* using P2P, but for something entirely legal - say,
torrenting a Linux distro.

In fact, I would be extremely tempted, were I in such a situation, to
find a sympathetic band, write up and sign a sutable agreement with the
band, and then share their music.  Sort of the converse of a sting.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org