[funsec] i guess abuse at facebook.com got too much mail so they shut it down?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 20:10:03 CST 2010

Hi Paul,

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 09:07:48PM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:
>> Unfortunately, the email address you are using to reach us is no longer available.
>> In order to best assist you, we have provided avenues of support for specific
>> issues that are located in our Help Center. Please follow the link that best suits your problem.
Did they bother to tell you that the use of the "Help Center" is
encumbered by things such as "Terms of Service".

I [personally] never use web forms for anything - most of the time, I
categorically disagree to any bull shit terms the company's lawyers
might invent.

I'm waiting for the time when {secure|security}@example.com is no
longer monitored* and the "Terms of Service" includes a gag on
vulnerabilities reported through the system. Almost nothing surprises
me from corporate America or their lawyers.

Jeff

* That is, assuming the address is monitored in the first place. Dell
Computers bounces the address and many other well known addresses. So
vulnerabilities which one attempts to report in their system software
(such as wireless drivers and control programs) goes unfixed. In
addition, their overseas call center will not route the call to the
security team.