[funsec] BitDefender, you've created a monster! (story ...)

Robert Slade rmslade at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 25 12:28:39 CST 2012

www.infosecurity-magazine.com/view/23465/viruses-and-worms-are-evolving-into-frankenmalware/

OK, this is obviously going to be the AV/infosec story of the week.  (At least this particular story notes that it isn't a big deal, although they don't seem to realize it's old news.)

(If any AV/anti-malware/security company wants to hire me, I'd be glad to look back through my archives and find threats from 25 years ago and dress them up in new jargon in order to seed out stupid press releases like the one that started this.  I've got a million of 'em ...)

rslade at computercrime.org  slade at victoria.tc.ca  rslade at vcn.bc.ca
"If you do buy a computer, don't turn it on."     - Richards' 2nd Law